Pinterest Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mom's Candy

I have no idea what the name of this is.  But what I do know is that Mom had the recipe given to her when we lived in Sweetwater and she made it all the time.  It was good and inexpensive.  I came across the recipe the other day within my beloved Grandmother's recipe box and memories came flooding back.  So, it has to go in here.  Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda


Directions:
Melt sugar and golden syrup over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, being careful not to burn the mixture. Remove from heat, add the baking soda and stir. The mixture will froth up. While mixture is still frothing pour into a buttered dish and let set. Don't spread in out as it will spread by itself. Once cold, break into pieces and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment