Pinterest Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey

I have never made a dry turkey.  There is nothing worse than dry turkey.  How do I do it?  First, I cook it breast side down for 2/3 of the cooking time.  Secondly, I place six strips of thick bacon over the top.  Then when I turn it, I place six more strips of bacon over the top and cook the remaining amount of time.

I used to rub the entire turkey with fajita seasoning.  Now, I use this mixture:

2 T Italian seasoning
2 T McCormick Spiced Mediterranean Sea Salt
1 T coarse ground black pepper
1 T smoked paprika
2 T garlic powder
2 T ground mustard

I brush olive oil over the turkey and then I rub the seasoning mixture above into the turkey.  I sprinkle any remaining rub into the stuffing mix, followed by a few bay leaves.  Since my husband likes the basic Pepperidge Farm stuffing with no extras, this helps spice things up a bit.  But, I have to remember to take the bay leaves out or he will get upset.

As I stated earlier...this is my foolproof method and has worked every single time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment