Pinterest Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jimmie Lou's Strawberry Cake

As I have stated before, I hail from Georgia...Atlanta to be exact.  I lived there for over nine years and visited my Grandparents every summer in Sea Island.  Jimmie Lou is my beloved Godmother and would make me this cake every year for my birthday, and when I would "come home" to visit during the summer.  This is one of my most favorite cakes because it is so good...and reminds me of home.  Ah...nostalgia.  Enjoy!!

 Jason's obsessing over strawberry cake... Might need to try this.


Ingredients:

CAKE
1  package of white cake mix (can substitute Strawberry for a more intense flavor)
3/4  cup vegetable oil
4  eggs
1/2 of 16 ounce package frozen strawberries *
1  small package strawberry gelatin, dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water  


FROSTING
 1/2 of 16 ounce package frozen strawberries *
1 stick butter, softened
4 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar


Directions:
Cake
Combine cake ingredients, and  beat at medium speed about 1 minute until smooth. Pour into two 8" or 9" layer cake pans that have been well greased and lightly floured.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes until done.

Frosting
Combine all ingredients , beat until smooth.  Spread between layers and on top.   (An added yummy factor is to add strawberry preserves in between the layers.)

*  If strawberries are cut in half while frozen it is easier to divide in half as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment