Pinterest Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 10, 2012

Kicked Up Egg Salad

I'm not very much a traditionalist when it comes to cooking.  I like to play with flavors and that is what I have done with this very southern traditional fare.  I use Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard as it has both a wine and horseradish kick to it.  I use the same recipe when making Deviled Eggs...except I sprinkle Smoked Paprika on top of them.

 Egg-cellent Egg Salad

Ingredients:

1 dozen Extra Large Eggs
Mayonnaise
Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
chopped green onions (to taste)
Dill (1 T)
Crazy Janes Mixed Up Salt (1 1/2 tsp)
McCormack's Spiced Mediterranean Sea Salt (2 T)
Fresh ground pepper (to taste)

Directions:

Place eggs in cold water with salt.  Bring to a boil and let boil rapidly for 15 minutes.  Take the pot off the heat and immediately add ice cubes to "freeze" the egg.  Let it sit for 10 minutes off the heat.  Place eggs in strainer so they can air dry.  Crack all the way around so the shell removes easily.  Slice the egg in half...place only the yolks in a bowl.

Once all the eggs have been cracked and separated, mash the yolk together really well with a potato masher.  I use an egg slicer for the white portion as I slice it one way, move it the opposite way and slice it again.  I add this to the smashed yolk.

Add the remaining ingredients as listed above.  I leave the breakdown of the mayonnaise/mustard to you based on your tastes.  I like mine with more mustard than mayonnaise...but not everyone is the same.  Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment