Pinterest Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Southern Banana Pudding Cake

My husband loves banana pudding.  It is one of his favorites.  Banana pudding is a light dessert for summer too. With that being said, I have seen acquaintances make this into a cake.  And I thought...I could do that.  So here is my easy breezy version...enjoy!!

Ingredients:

1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 tub French Vanilla Cool Whip
2 pkgs instant banana pudding
1 box Vanilla Wafers
Bananas

Directions:

Bake the cake in a 13x9 Pyrex dish, according to the instructions.  While the cake is warm, take the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.  Make sure these holes are big enough so the pudding can seep through.

Make the instant pudding according to the instructions.  Once the pudding thickens, pour over the cake and smoothing it over.  Place the cake in the refrigerator and let it cool completely.

Frost the cake with the Cool Whip.  I let it set again.  Right before presentation & serving, I place vanilla wafers around the cake.  In a Ziploc bag, I crush more of the vanilla wafers and sprinkle over the cake.

When serving, I place a couple of the cookies on top with a fresh banana slice and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment